Agreement to TermsThese Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity ("you") and FreeReads ("we," "us," or "our"), concerning your access to and use of the FreeReads.net website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the "site," "website," or "service").
You agree that by accessing the site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the site and you must discontinue use immediately.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the "Last updated" date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside (generally under the age of 18) must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the site. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian read and agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to you using the site.
Content AccessAll books on this website are free of copyright and in the public domain in the United States of America ("USA"), where this service is hosted. These books may be freely used and redistributed for any purpose, private or commercial, in the USA. Some books may may not be copyright-free in other countries. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the site from locations outside of the USA do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The website itself is our proprietary property, and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, and graphics on the site are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the USA. None of these proprietary elements of the site may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
FreeReads is for people. Any scripted or automated access by a computer program ("bot") may be blocked using various methods.
User RepresentationsBy using the site, you represent and warrant that:
- you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- you are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use the site;
- you will not access the site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise;
- you will not use the site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- your use of the site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
Prohibited ActivitiesYou may not access or use the site for any purpose other than that for which we make the site available. The site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the site, you agree not to:
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the site and/or the content contained therein.
- make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the site or the networks or services connected to the site.
- use any information obtained from the site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the site.
- attempt to bypass any measures of the site designed to prevent or restrict access to the site, or any portion of the site.
- harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the site to you.
- except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the site.
- use the site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
Site ManagementWe reserve the right, but not the obligation, to:
- monitor the site for violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
- in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, limit the availability of, or restrict access to the site or any portion thereof;
- otherwise manage the site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site.
For questions, click here to contact us.